UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 24
Aug 24 (Reuters) - Britain's futures FFIc1 up 0.10% on Tuesday. The FTSE 100 .FTSE index ended higher on Monday after recording its worst week since February.
* Wood Plc WG.L forecast lower annual revenue after the engineering and consultancy firm reported a 14.1% fall in first-half profit, hurt by a drop in contracts from the energy sector due to weak oil demand.
* BHP GROUP: BHP Group BHP.AX is at risk of a two notch downgrade that would provoke its lowest ever credit rating as the sale of its petroleum business raises the miner's dependence on its major business of iron ore, S&P Global said on Tuesday.
** WM MORRISONS: Morrisons MRW.L shareholder Legal & General said it believed the true value of the supermarket chain should be realised following the sweetened bid from private equity group CD&R, with more attention now being paid to its property assets.
** DIDI: Chinese ride-hailing giant Didi Global Inc DIDI.N has suspended its plans to launch in Britain and continental Europe, The Telegraph reported, against the backdrop of a regulatory backlash at home over data privacy.
* OIL: Oil prices rose on Tuesday after the U.S. drug regulator granted full approval to the Pfizer Inc/BioNTech SE COVID-19 vaccine, stoking investor hopes that higher fuel demand would follow a potential step up in U.S. coronavirus vaccination rates.
* GOLD: Gold prices hovered above the key psychological level of $1,800, as the looming threat from the Delta coronavirus variant fanned expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve might delay dialling back its pandemic-era stimulus.
* London's FTSE 100 ended higher on Monday after recording its worst week since February, as heavyweight energy and mining stocks jumped, while a drop in business activity raised worries of slower economic growth.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: PureTech Health
HY results Wood Plc
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Geetha Panchaksharam)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。