UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 26
Aug 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 27 points lower on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 down 0.40%.
* HAYS: Recruitment agency Hays Plc HAYS.L forecast a "dramatic" recovery in the jobs market said it would resume dividends, betting on a swift reopening of businesses as COVID-19 pandemic restrictions ease.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L said a late-stage trial of its medicine for a rare disease that causes accumulation of copper in the body was three times more successful in helping remove deposits from tissues as compared with standard care.
* BRITISH LAND: British Land BLND.L said it made acquisitions and sales of properties recently worth 350 million pounds ($480.97 million) including the purchase of Peterhouse Technology Park, which houses the headquarters of British chip designer Arm.
* GREGGS: Greggs Plc GRG.L said the U.K. bakery and fast food chain has become the latest food business to be hit by supply chain interruptions that are impacting businesses across the retail and hospitality sector in Britain.
* FRASERS GROUP: Mike Ashley's Frasers Group FRAS.L said it would recommend a bonus scheme for incoming chief executive Michael Murray worth 100 million pounds ($137 million) in stock if he meets a "challenging but achievable" target.
* SANNE: British asset management services provider Sanne SNNS.L agreed to an about 1.51 billion pound ($2.07 billion) takeover offer from fund servicer Apex Group, the companies said.
* GOLD: Gold prices inched lower as investors turned cautious ahead of U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell's speech this week, which could provide cues to the central bank's plans over tapering of economic stimulus.
* OIL: Oil fell for the first session this week as renewed concerns about demand recovery amid rising COVID-19 infections cut short a three-day rally.
* London's FTSE 100 rose on Wednesday, lifted by gains in financial and travel-related stocks, while investors assessed risks from rising COVID-19 infections globally and easing economic growth.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Polymetal International
HY results Hunting
HY results Hays
FY results CRH
HY results Chesnara
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Geetha Panchaksharam)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。