UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 3
Aug 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening lower on Wednesday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.2%.
* FERREXPO: Ferrexpo Plc FXPO.L reported a slump in its half-year profit on Wednesday, as the Ukraine-focussed miner saw a hit from higher costs and lower production volumes as it grapples with inflationary woes and energy prices.
* NORTONLIFELOCK/ AVAST: Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said it provisionally cleared cybersecurity company NortonLifeLock's NLOK.O $8.6 billion purchase of peer Avast Plc AVST.L .
* HISCOX: Lloyd's of London insurer Hiscox HSX.L fell to a pre-tax loss of $107 million in the first half, hit by heavy losses in its investment portfolio.
* TAYLOR WIMPEY: UK homebuilder Taylor Wimpey Plc TW.L said it expects annual operating profit to be around the top end of the current market consensus range, helped by strong demand for its homes, and maintained volume growth targets for the year.
* ROLLS ROYCE: Rolls-Royce RR.L said it had secured the final regulatory clearance for the sale of ITP Aero to investors led by Bain Capital, with the completion of the 1.8 billion euro ($1.8 billion) deal expected in the coming weeks.
* BRITISH AIRWAYS: British Airways has halted ticket sales for short-haul flights which depart from London's Heathrow airport before the middle of this month, following the airport's decision to cap capacity to tackle widespread disruption and cancellations.
* FCA: Britain's financial watchdog tightened its rules on Wednesday for a business model used by thousands of companies, including collapsed supply chain financing firm Greensill Capital, in a bid to crack down on mis-selling and fraud.
* The UK's blue-chip index ended slightly lower on Tuesday after U.S.-China tensions flared up and tumbling homebuilder stocks countered strong results from oil major BP.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain and Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。