UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 31
Aug 31 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index was up 0.2% at 7,158.44 in morning trade on Tuesday.
* GSK: GSK GSK.L and SK Bioscience 302440.KS said they have begun a late-stage trial of their COVID-19 vaccine candidate to assess immune response when compared with AstraZeneca's AZN.L shot.
* BUNZL: Business supplies distributor Bunzl BNZL.L said it was facing supply chain disruptions, product shortages and a labour crunch in certain markets including Mexico, Australia and Britain.
* NSF: Subprime lender Non-Standard Finance NSF.L said founder and Chief Executive Officer John van Kuffeler will step down from the role with immediate effect.
* BRET: Blackfinch Renewable European Income Trust said it was looking to raise up to 300 million pounds through a London listing.
* SHELL: Shell's Norco manufacturing complex in southern Louisiana was without electrical power following Hurricane Ida, a spokesperson said on Monday night, adding that it was "too early" to know when full operations would resume.
* BP: BP on Monday began assessing possible damage from Hurricane Ida to its U.S. Gulf of Mexico oil and gas platforms and pipeline connections and said it will not restart operations until appraisals are completed.
* OIL: Oil prices slipped amid concerns that power outages and flooding in Louisiana after Hurricane Ida will cut crude demand from refineries at the same time global producers plan to raise output.
* GOLD: Gold prices were underpinned by a subdued dollar on Tuesday, with investors looking ahead to U.S. non-farm payrolls data, which could be key to the Federal Reserve's tapering decision.
* London's FTSE 100 rose on Friday as heavyweight energy and mining stocks tracked strong commodity prices, while investors were relieved after Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell signalled the U.S. central bank will remain patient on bond tapering.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。