UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug. 5
Aug 5 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 7 points lower on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* JOHN LEWIS: Britain's government named almost 200 businesses which breached minimum wage laws between 2011 and 2018, with the department store and supermarket chain the John Lewis Partnership heading the list.
* CAR SALES: British new car sales fell by around an annual 30% to their lowest July level since 1998 as the 'pingdemic' of people self-isolating alongside supply shortages hit demand, according to preliminary data from an industry body.
* INVESTMENT: Prime Minister Boris Johnson urged British pension fund managers to put more of their clients' money into illiquid long-term investments in infrastructure and unlisted companies.
* ROLLS-ROYCE: Britain's Rolls-Royce RR.L is in exclusive talks with a consortium led by U.S. private equity firm Bain Capital on a potential sale of its Spain-based ITP Aero unit, the engine maker said on Wednesday.
* VACCINATION: Britain will offer all 16- and 17-year-olds their first dose of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, its vaccine advisers said on Wednesday.
* ENTAIN: Shares of Entain ENT.L , which rejected a takeover offer from MGM Resorts MGM.N this year, jumped to a record high on Wednesday after a $4.4 billion asset sale by the U.S. casino group prompted bets of a renewed bid for the British bookmaker.
* OIL: Oil prices rose, supported by tensions in the Middle East, but failed to recoup most of the previous day's losses after a surprise build in crude stockpiles in the United States, the world's top oil consumer.
* GOLD: Gold prices eased as the dollar held firm after remarks from a top U.S. Federal Reserve official signalled the possibility of bringing forward policy tightening.
* London's FTSE 100 rose on Wednesday, helped by heavyweight financial stocks and strong corporate earnings updates.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HY results Rolls Royce
HY results Synthomer
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。