UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 5
Aug 5 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.2%.
* BOE: The Bank of England raised interest rates by the most in 27 years on Thursday in an attempt to smother surging inflation on track to top 13%, even as it warned a long recession is coming.
* SUN LIFE: Sun Life Financial's SLF.TO shares jumped on Thursday after reporting a better-than-expected second-quarter profit. The company also announced the sale of its U.K. business and an asset management partnership with buyer Phoenix Group Holdings PHNX.L .
* STRIKE: British trade union Unite said on Thursday its members at Network Rail, which owns and maintains train infrastructure, would join other rail unions in striking on Aug. 18 and 20.
* ARRIVAL: British electric vehicle start-up Arrival SA ARVL.O is delaying trials of its bus and car projects to cut costs and focus on the production of its debut van, the Financial Times reported.
* OIL: Oil prices steadied in Asia trade, after hitting their lowest levels since before Russia's February invasion of Ukraine in the previous session, as the market juggled concerns of supply shortage and slower demand.
* GOLD: Gold prices steadied at a one-month high, ahead of U.S. jobs data, as a retreat in Treasury yields and growing recession fears boosted safe-haven demand and kept bullion on track for its third straight weekly rise.
* The FTSE 100 stock index was little changed on Thursday.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Pets At Home
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。