UK Stocks-Factors to watch on August 19
August 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Friday with futures FFIc1 up 0.2%.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L on Thursday said it had to cut output at its German Rhineland refining facility, which makes fuels, heating oil and petrochemicals, citing low Rhine levels.
* GLENCORE: Wheaton Precious Metals WPM.TO agreed to end its so-called silver "streaming" deal with Glencore Plc GLEN.L on Peru's Yauliyacu mine for $150 million.
* NATIONAL GRID: National Grid NG.L said on Thursday it had signed contracts with power generators Drax Group DRX.L and EDF EDF.PA to extend the life of four coal-fired power units at two plants for the upcoming winter.
* ENERGY: Britain's opposition Labour Party said parliament should be recalled on Monday to freeze energy bills for the winter as the country deals with the worst cost-of-living crisis in decades.
* COST OF LIVING: British households are feeling "a sense of exasperation" about the surging cost of living which has pushed consumer sentiment to its lowest since at least 1974, according to the country's longest-running survey of household finances.
* GOLD: Gold prices slipped to a three-week low and were set for their first weekly drop in five, as a stronger dollar and prospects of more rate hikes by the U.S. Federal Reserve dented bullion's appeal.
* OIL: Oil prices dipped after two days of gain, as market participants weighed worries about global economic slowdown - that could dampen fuel demand - against expectations of tighter supplies toward year-end.
* The UK's FTSE 100 index rose on Thursday, boosted by commodity shares, although gains were limited by a number of stocks trading ex-dividend and fears that rapid policy tightening by the Bank of England to tame inflation will trigger a recession.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。