UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec 1
Dec 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Wednesday with futures FFIc1 up 0.41%.
* DRAX: Drax DRX.L forecast annual core earnings at the top end of analyst expectations, as it takes steps to control costs in the face of supply chain issues.
* PENDRAGON: Pendragon Plc PDG.L raised its annual profit outlook for the second time in two months as the British car dealer continued to see robust demand for used vehicles.
* PEEL HUNT: British broker Peel Hunt PEEL.L posted half-year pretax profit of 29.5 million pounds ($39.29 million), boosted by a record performance in its investment bank, and was on course to meet full-year expectations.
* IG GROUP: Online trading platform IG Group IGG.L said it was planning to sell its short-term options trading platform NADEX and crypto stock exchange Small Exchange for $216 million to Crypto.com's Forix Dax Markets.
* HOUSE PRICES: The growth of British house prices accelerated last month and the market was holding up despite the end of pandemic emergency support measures for housing and the broader economy, mortgage lender Nationwide said.
* COVID-19: British Health Secretary Sajid Javid said it was possible that vaccines were less effective against the Omicron variant of coronavirus, but they should still protect against serious disease.
* GOLD: Gold edged higher, hovering close to a one-month low, after the U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said the central bank would discuss ending its bond purchases sooner.
* METALS: Copper prices rebounded on easing concerns about the new Omicron coronavirus variant that has rattled market sentiment in recent days.
* OIL: Oil prices clawed back some losses after steep falls in the previous session, as major producers prepared to discuss how to respond to the threat of a hit to fuel demand from the Omicron variant.
* Britain's blue-chip share index closed above session lows on Tuesday, but marked its worst monthly decline in more than a year as concerns over the Omicron coronavirus variant hammered economically sensitive sectors.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Amna Karimi in Bengaluru)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。