UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec 8
Dec 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 9 points lower on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* WOODSIDE-BHP MERGER: Woodside Petroleum WPL.AX is confident that its shareholders will vote in favour of the planned merger with BHP Group's BHP.AX petroleum arm in 2022, its chief executive said.
* EU RULES: Uber UBER.N , Deliveroo ROO.L and other online platform companies may have to reclassify some of their workers as employees under draft European Union rules meant to boost their social rights, according to an EU document seen by Reuters.
* TESCO: Shares in Tesco TSCO.L rose after industry data showed Britain's biggest retailer had gained its highest market share since February 2019, though the threat of pre-Christmas strikes has escalated.
* BP: Oil and gas major BP Plc BP.L said it had bought U.S. electric vehicle charging provider AMPLY Power for an undisclosed sum, stepping up efforts to cut emissions and focus on cleaner energy.
* GOLD: Gold prices rose as U.S. Treasury yields and the dollar eased, with investor focus shifting to key inflation data due this week that could influence the Federal Reserve's decision to taper its stimulus at a faster pace.
* METALS: Nickel prices rose as inventories in Shanghai exchange warehouses hovered near record lows and the outlook for demand from the steel sector remained robust.
* OIL: Oil prices edged lower, reversing gains from earlier the week, as investors tried to assess the full impact of the Omicron coronavirus variant on global fuel demand and the effectiveness of existing vaccines.
* UK's FTSE 100 rose to a three-week highs on Tuesday, boosted by mining stocks and positive earnings outlooks, with global markets taking relief from receding concerns about the Omicron variant of the coronavirus.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: SSP Group
FY results Berkeley
HY results Quiz
HY results Stagecoach
HY results Centamin
Results of Sukari review
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Amna Karimi in Bengaluru)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。