UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 10
Feb 10 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening flat on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.01%.
* PRUDENTIAL: Insurer Prudential Plc PRU.L said that its Chief Executive Officer Mike Wells would retire at the end of March this year, and his replacement will be based in Asia instead of London.
* LEGAL & GENERAL: British insurer Legal & General LGEN.L has agreed a pensions buy-in deal totalling around 370 million pounds ($501 million) with London Heathrow's BAA Pension Scheme, L&G said.
* ILIAD-VODAFONE: French telecoms group Iliad has offered more than 11 billion euros ($12.6 billion) to buy Vodafone's VOD.L Italian business, a source close to the matter said on Wednesday, as the firm founded by billionaire Xavier Niel seeks to grow overseas.
* BARCLAYS REPORT: British retailers have cancelled 7.1 billion pounds ($9.6 billion) in contracts over the last 12 months with suppliers that do not meet their ethical and sustainability standards, according to a report from Barclays Corporate Banking.
* INFLATION: Britain's Chief Secretary to the Treasury Simon Clarke backed the Bank of England governor's call for pay rise restraint to head off high inflation.
* METALS: Aluminium advanced, with prices in London scaling a fresh peak in more than 13 years while the Shanghai benchmark climbed to its highest in nearly four months, as smelter closures exacerbated concerns over dwindling inventories.
* GOLD: Gold prices were stuck in a tight range as investors awaited U.S. inflation data that could offer fresh clues about the pace of the Federal Reserve's monetary policy tightening.
* OIL: Oil prices were mixed, after rallying on an unexpected drop in U.S. crude inventories in the previous session, as investors await the outcome of U.S.-Iran nuclear talks that could add crude supplies quickly to global markets.
* UK's blue-chip index touched fresh two-year highs on Wednesday, joining a rally in global stock markets as investors cheered strong earnings while setting aside concerns about rising interest rates.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HY results Relx Plc
FY results Redrow
HY results MJ Gleeson
HY results Beazley
FY results Unilever
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru; Editing by Shailesh Kuber
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。