UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 11
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Friday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.89%.
* ILIAD-VODAFONE: Britain's Vodafone VOD.L rejected a preliminary approach for its Italian business from France's Iliad and Apax Partners worth more than 11 billion euros, the first public skirmish in what could be a new wave of European telecoms deal making.
* UNILEVER: The board of Ben & Jerry's aims to work out a "new arrangement" for sales in Israel before the end of the year, Unilever PLC's ULVR.L CEO said, after the U.S.-based independent ice cream brand last year committed to halting sales in Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories.
* GSK-VIR: An antibody-based COVID-19 therapy developed by GSK GSK.L and Vir Biotechnology VIR.O retains neutralising activity against the emerging BA.2 form of the Omicron coronavirus variant, according to data from a laboratory study cited by Vir.
* DELIVEROO: Deliveroo ROO.L will trial its "Deliveroo Hop" rapid grocery service with supermarket Waitrose, with a delivery-only store opening in Bermondsey, London, later this month, Waitrose said.
* METALS: London base metals fell as a stronger-than-expected U.S. inflation data stoked worries about a more aggressive policy tightening by the Federal Reserve, though all metals, led by aluminium, were on track for weekly gains.
* GOLD: Gold prices were steady, as bullion's appeal as an inflation hedge was partially capped by hawkish comments from a U.S. Federal Reserve official that ramped up odds for a hefty interest rate hike next month and also lifted Treasury yields.
* OIL: Oil prices eased as hot U.S. inflation fanned worries about aggressive interest rate hikes and investors await the outcome of U.S.-Iran talks that could lead to increased global crude supply.
* Britain's blue-chip index closed higher on Thursday, boosted by AstraZeneca's gains following an upbeat sales forecast, while strong metal prices lifted mining stocks to their highest in more than a decade.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Interim statement British American Tobacco BATS.I
FY results Lancashire Holdings
Q4 and FY results Tate & Lyle
Q3 trading update
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。