UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 2
Feb 2 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 57 points higher at 7,524.5 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L said on Tuesday it was re-routing oil supplies to other depots following a cyberattack on two subsidiaries of German logistics firm Marquard & Bahls this week.
* GSK: GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L announced a settlement worth $1.25 billion between its ViiV Healthcare and Gilead Sciences Inc GILD.O on Tuesday in relation to patent violations by Gilead's Biktarvy, a medicine to treat human immunodeficiency virus.
* ECONOMY: British shoppers were hit by the biggest increase in prices charged by major retailers in more than nine years in January, according to a survey that added to signs of accelerating inflation momentum.
* METALS: Copper ticked up as the dollar remained restrained after recently tumbling from a 19-month peak, but the absence of Chinese onshore traders due to the week-long Lunar New Year holiday kept Asian trading range-bound and volumes thin.
* OIL: Oil prices climbed toward last week's seven-year highs as a draw in U.S. crude stocks confirmed strong demand and a lack of supply, but investors remained cautious ahead of an OPEC+ meeting later in the day.
* GOLD: Gold was steady above the $1,800 psychological level as concerns surrounding Ukraine supported the safe-haven metal, while investors awaited U.S. jobs data that is considered key for the Federal Reserve's tapering timeline.
* Mining and bank stocks supported London's FTSE 100 on Tuesday as metal prices and bond yields rose ahead of a widely anticipated Bank of England meeting later in the week.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Severn Trent
SVT.L Q3 Trading Update Vodafone
VOD.L Q3 Trading Update Glencore
<GLEN.L FY production update
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Sinchita Mitra in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。