UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 2
Feb 2 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 57 points higher at 7,524.5 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* GLENCORE: Miner and trader Glencore GLEN.L said on Wednesday its cobalt output rose 14% in 2021, boosted by the limited restart of production at the world's largest cobalt mine, Mutanda, in south-east Democratic Republic of Congo.
* VODAFONE: Britain's Vodafone VOD.L said it was on track to meet its full-year guidance after reporting a 2.7% rise in third-quarter group service revenue, with growth in both Europe and Africa.
* SEVERN TRENT: Severn Trent Plc SVT.L said on Wednesday it was on track to invest over 500 million pounds ($676.15 million) in a programme to improve river quality, after Britain's Environment Agency fined it for illegal sewage discharges into watercourses in December.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L said on Tuesday it was re-routing oil supplies to other depots following a cyberattack on two subsidiaries of German logistics firm Marquard & Bahls this week.
* GSK: GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L announced a settlement worth $1.25 billion between its ViiV Healthcare and Gilead Sciences Inc GILD.O on Tuesday in relation to patent violations by Gilead's Biktarvy, a medicine to treat human immunodeficiency virus.
* ECONOMY: British shoppers were hit by the biggest increase in prices charged by major retailers in more than nine years in January, according to a survey that added to signs of accelerating inflation momentum.
* OIL: Oil prices climbed toward last week's seven-year highs as a draw in U.S. crude stocks confirmed strong demand and a lack of supply, but investors remained cautious ahead of an OPEC+ meeting later in the day.
* Mining and bank stocks supported London's FTSE 100 on Tuesday as metal prices and bond yields rose ahead of a widely anticipated Bank of England meeting later in the week.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Sinchita Mitra in Bengaluru; Editing by Shailesh Kuber
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。