UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 24
Feb 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening lower on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 down 2.04%.
* SANOFI-GSK: French drugmaker Sanofi SASY.PA and its British partner GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L are seeking regulatory approval for their COVID-19 vaccine to be used as a booster, as well as a standalone two-dose shot, after several setbacks.
* IAG: Airlines group IAG ICAG.L is in advanced talks with planemakers on a medium-haul fleet shake-up that may see the British Airways parent opt for Boeing BA.N and Airbus AIR.PA jets to update a European fleet of Airbus narrowbodies, industry sources said.
* HSBC: Executives for London-based HSBC, which controls one of the largest banking operations in Mexico, have told investors the chain is not interested in buying out Citigroup's consumer bank in the country, known as Banamex.
* OFCOM: British media regulator Ofcom said it has stepped up its oversight of Ukraine-related news coverage by broadcasters, adding complaints related to the situation were being expedited "as a matter of urgency".
* METALS: Aluminium and nickel prices drifted closer to multi-year highs, buoyed by fears of supply disruptions from Russia as tensions in eastern Ukraine escalated.
* GOLD: Gold prices rose towards a nine-month high hit earlier this week, as investors sought refuge in safe havens after Ukraine declared an emergency and the West imposed more sanctions on Russia for sending troops into eastern Ukraine.
* OIL: Oil breached $100 a barrel for the first time since 2014 as Russia moved troops into Ukraine, sparking concerns that a war in Europe could disrupt global energy supplies.
* UK shares rose on Wednesday aided by strong earnings from Barclays and gains in consumer staples on the back of a weaker pound, while investors awaited Russia's next move after Western sanctions were imposed on Moscow for ordering troops into separatist regions of eastern Ukraine.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
FY results St James Place
FY results WPP
FY results BAE Systems
FY results Lloyds
FY results Hikma Pharmaceuticals
FY results Inchcape
FY results Rathbones Group
FY results Centrica
FY results Serco
FY results Drax
FY results Derwent London
FY results Grafton Group
FY results Hays
FY results Go-Ahead Group
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。