UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 8
Feb 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Tuesday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.13%.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L and Brazilian steelmaker Gerdau SA GGBR4.SA said they had reached a binding agreement to create a 50-50 joint venture for the development, construction and operation of a new solar farm in Brazil's Minas Gerais state.
* ASDA: Asda will put its lowest price food ranges in all its stores, it said, after poverty campaigner Jack Monroe criticised British supermarkets for cutting back their budget ranges.
* VODAFONE: Iliad SA ILD.PA made an offer for Vodafone's VOD.L Italian unit last week, Bloomberg News reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
* COVID-19 RULES: British consumers slowed the pace of their spending last month as the Omicron COVID-19 wave hit fuel sales and kept people away from bars and restaurants, according to a survey which also pointed to the impact of rising inflation.
* METALS: London aluminium prices hit a near four-month high boosted by dwindling inventories, while coronavirus curbs in the Chinese city of Baise has hit transportation of alumina raising concerns over a potential cut in production.
* GOLD: Gold prices were steady as inflationary pressures kept the safe-haven metal supported near previous session's one-week high, while market participants awaited U.S. inflation data that is crucial for the Federal Reserve's tapering timeline.
* OIL: Oil prices eased ahead of the resumption of indirect talks between the United States and Iran which may revive a nuclear deal that could lead to the removal of sanctions on Iranian oil sales, increasing global supplies.
* Britain's main equity index rose on Monday, led by banking stocks as investors continued to bet on rising interest rates globally, while stronger commodity prices lifted mining shares.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Trading update DCC Plc
Interim Statement Micro Focus
FY results BP
Q4 results SSE
Q3 trading update Ocado
FY results TUI AG
TUIGn.DE Q1 results
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。