UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 9
Adds new items and updates futures
Feb 9 (Reuters) -Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher with futures FFIc1 up 0.30% on Thursday.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L posted fourth-quarter revenue just shy of analyst estimates, with slightly lower-than-expected sales of its best-selling oncology and rare blood disorder drugs.
* UNILEVER: Unilever Plc ULVR.L reported quarterly underlying sales growth above expectations, helped by higher prices for its detergents, soaps and packaged food.
* BAT: British American Tobacco BATS.L said it expects to complete the sale of its Russian business to its local partner in 2023, as it exits Russia — where it controlled almost a quarter of the market before the country invaded Ukraine.
* COMPASS GROUP: Compass Group CPG.L said its organic revenue rose 24% in the first quarter on new business wins and gradual return-to-office schedules and events, helping the British caterer retain its 2023 outlook despite rising cost pressures.
*BELLWAY: Bellway Plc BWY.L flagged challenging market conditions and said it would build fewer homes this fiscal year than the last, as a surge in borrowing costs and broader inflationary pressures drive homebuyers away.
* STRIKE: British firefighters halted planned strike action to vote on an improved pay offer, the Fire Brigades Union said.
* SHELL: A group of European institutional investors is backing a novel London lawsuit against Shell's SHEL.L board over alleged climate mismanagement in a case that could have far-reaching implications for how companies tackle emissions.
* UK HOUSING MARKET: Britain's housing market suffered the most widespread price falls since 2009 last month as the run of interest rate increases over the past year weighed on would-be buyers, according to a survey published on Thursday.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times PRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB
Reporting by Sruthi Narasimha Chari in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。