UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan. 14
Jan 14 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower, with futures FFIc1 down 0.6% on Friday.
* ANTITRUST: Social media giant Facebook FB.O , now known as Meta Platforms, faces a 2.3 billion pound plus class action in Britain over allegations it abused its market dominance by exploiting the personal data of 44 million users.
* HOMEBUILDERS: British homebuilders are set for their worst weekly performance since before the first UK lockdown in 2020 under the weight of discounted stock placements, a weak trading update the government ordering companies to pay to remove flammable material from buildings.
* SSE: UK power producer SSE SSE.L said on Thursday there was no "incident" at its Atwick gas storage facility in northeast England, but that a "fire and gas trip" it reported earlier to the National Grid was prompted by a replacement of the fire and gas detection system.
* SHELL: Mexican state oil company Petroleos Mexicanos will take control of the Deer Park refinery in Houston, Texas on Jan. 20, three sources with knowledge of the matter said on Thursday.
* OIL: Oil prices eased for a second session on growing concerns that Washington may soon act to cool prices, while movement controls in China to rein in a COVID-19 outbreak weighed on fuel demand.
* GOLD: Gold was flat but the metal was set for its best weekly gain since November, buoyed by a weaker U.S. dollar and Treasury yields, as traders awaited more economic data for clarity about the Federal Reserve's tapering policy.
* London's FTSE 250 index slipped on Thursday, dragged down by shares of Countryside Properties and Marks & Spencer, while a rise in heavyweight financial and commodity stocks helped the FTSE 100 edge higher.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Experian plc
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。