UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 19
Jan 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower with futures FFIc1 down 0.61% on Wednesday.
* JD WETHERSPOON: British pub group JDW.L warned it would record a loss for the first half of the fiscal year after the Omicron coronavirus variant led to renewed curbs and kept people from heading out during the holidays.
* CENTAMIN: Centamin CEY.L reported a 58% jump in gold production for the fourth quarter as the Egypt-focused miner benefited from higher-grade ores.
* ANTOFAGASTA: Antofagasta ANTO.L forecast annual copper production below 2021 levels, as operations continue to be impacted by Chile's driest weather in years.
* WH SMITH: WH Smith SMWH.L said it expected a resumption in the recovery of its travel markets over the coming months, although the retailer added that the firm is experiencing a "small impact" from the Omicron coronavirus variant.
* PEARSON: Pearson PSON.L raised its forecast for full-year adjusted operating profit in a boost to a management team that is restructuring the company and trying to stem problems at its U.S. Higher Education division.
* BURBERRY: Burberry BRBY.L said its profit would beat market expectations as its full-price sales accelerated in the third quarter.
* FCA: Britain's financial watchdog said it plans to introduce restrictions on marketing cryptoassets and other high-risk investments.
* INFLATION: British consumer price inflation rose more than expected to 5.4% in December, its highest in almost 30 years, official data showed.
* GOLD: Gold prices fell towards previous session's one-week low as the prospect of aggressive rate hikes by the U.S. Federal Reserve sent benchmark Treasury yields to two-year highs, reducing the appeal of non-yielding bullion.
* London's FTSE 100 ended lower on Tuesday weighed down by shares of consumer companies and industrial stocks, while improving employment conditions in the UK and rising U.S. Treasury yields signalled growing bets of tighter monetary policies.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Sinchita Mitra in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。