UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 20
Adds items; updates futures
Jan 20 (Reuters) -Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher, with futures FFIc1 up 0.58%on Friday.
* STRIKE: British labour union Unite said ambulance workers will stage 10 more strikes in the coming weeks as an ongoing dispute over pay intensified.
* SSE: SSE SSE.L raised its annual earnings forecast, helped by strong market conditions amid a surge in energy prices.
*UK RETAIL: Inflation-pinched British shoppers unexpectedlycut their spending in December, dashing hopes for a Christmas shopping boost for the country's flagging retail sector.
* DE LA RUE: De La Rue DLAR.L said it had suspended its note-printing operations in Kenya and had learnt that activities by the group in India prior to 2016 have been implicated in a probe by a top Indian investigation agency.
* PETERSHILL PARTNERS: Petershill Partners PHLL.L reported higher annual assets under management helped by increased fund-raising by its partner firms.
* CAPRICORN: Capricorn CNE.L shareholders should vote to remove its CEO andsix other directors from the board on Feb. 1, shareholder proxy adviser Institutional Shareholder Services has recommended.
* SAINSBURY: LloydsPharmacy to close 237 counters in British supermarket group Sainsbury's SBRY.L stores over the course of this year.
* RAIL STRIKE: British train operating companies said they had made a "best and final" pay offer to the RMT rail union to end a long-running dispute.
* FUEL PRICE: British finance minister Jeremy Hunt wants to extend a 5 pence cut in the price of petrol and diesel for another year in his spring budget, The Times reported.
* CONSUMER SENTIMENT: British consumer sentiment fell for the first time in three months in January returning near to historic lows.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times PRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB
Reporting by Sruthi Narasimha Chari in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。