UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 25
Jan 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Tuesday with futures FFIc1 up 0.40%.
* RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto's RIO.AX , RIO.L chief executive said he was concerned about the Serbian prime minister's comments against the company's lithium project, in his first remarks after Belgrade revoked the global mining company's exploration licences.
* RIO TINTO-MONGOLIA: Rio Tinto and the Mongolian government said they have reached an agreement to end a long-running dispute over the $6.93 billion expansion project for the Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mining project.
* UNILEVER: Unilever ULVR.L plans to slash thousands of management positions across its operations, a source familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* AMIGO HOLDINGS: British subprime lender Amigo Holdings AMGO.L said on Monday Chief Financial Officer Mike Corcoran will step down immediately, on a day where its shares fell as much as 62% after the firm flagged potential insolvency.
* OIL: Oil prices climbed, regaining some of the ground lost in the previous day's sharp losses, on concerns over possible supply disruptions amid rising geopolitical tensions in both Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
* GOLD: Gold prices were steady, as concerns about a faster pace of U.S. Federal Reserve policy tightening countered safe-haven demand fuelled by escalating Ukraine tensions.
* METALS: Nickel prices tumbled on profit-taking, with the Chinese futures market hitting the session's 8% lower limit after a blistering rally to record highs, as caution prevailed ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve's meeting.
* London's FTSE 100 fell on Monday with industrial miners leading declines tracking Asian equities lower on caution ahead of a U.S. Federal Reserve meeting later this week, while gains in Vodafone and Unilever helped limit losses.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
AGM Cairn Energy CNE.L
Q4 results Nigeria
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Sinchita Mitra in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。