UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 21
July 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening steady on Wednesday, with futures FFIc1 marginally up 0.02%.
* RIO: Rio Tinto Ltd RIO.AX said it has reached an agreement with stakeholders of the Bougainville community to look into potential environmental damage and human rights breaches at a copper mine it ran decades ago.
* INSURANCE: The cost of a comprehensive car insurance policy in Britain fell 12% in the second quarter to its lowest level since early 2016 due to COVID-19 lockdowns, although it might rebound to pre-pandemic levels as restrictions ease, a survey showed on Wednesday.
* AVIVA: British insurer Aviva AV.L called for urgent action from policymakers, developers and insurers to protect homes and businesses from the impact of climate change, saying most were ill-prepared to handle extreme weather.
* ECONOMY: Britain's economic bounce-back from the coronavirus lockdowns cooled in June despite a surge in business for the country's hospitality sector, according to a survey which echoed other signs that the has lost some of its pace.
* ST. MODWEN: St. Modwen Properties SMP.L said on Tuesday the Blackstone-backed firm, which plans to take the UK logistics and residential property firm private in a $1.75 billion deal, has entered into a loan agreement to fund the transaction.
* OIL: Oil prices fell after an industry report showed an unexpected build-up in U.S. oil inventories last week, which heightened worries about a resurgence in COVID-19 infections potentially dampening fuel demand.
* GOLD: Gold eased as the dollar emerged as the preferred safe-haven bet amid fears that the highly contagious Delta coronavirus variant may stall a global economic recovery, while a rebound in U.S. bond yields further pressured bullion prices.
* Miners and bank stocks helped the FTSE 100 rebound on Tuesday after surging coronavirus cases and fears of an economic slowdown pushed the index to a two-month low in the previous session.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Q2 production report
Q2 production report
AGM trading statement
Trading statement Close Brothers
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。