UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 22
July 22 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.1%.
* JD SPORTS: Britain's largest sportswear retailer, JD Sports Fashion JD.L , said it expects annual profit to be in line with expectations on strong demand for its sportswear.
* BEAZLEY: Lloyd's of London insurer Beazley BEZG.L reported first half profits plunged due to investment losses, but upped its full-year profitability guidance on an increase in cyber risk premiums.
* BT GROUP: Britain's competition watchdog approved BT Group's BT.L deal to combine its sports broadcasting business with Warner Bros. Discovery DISCA.O .
* ECONOMY: British retail sales volumes fell by a smaller-than-expected 0.1% in June from May, the Office for National Statistics said, but the trend remained weak as households struggle with surging inflation.
* HSBC: HSBC HSBA.L has agreed to sell its Russia business to Expobank, signing a deal shortly before Moscow said it would move to block the sale of foreign banks' Russian businesses in retaliation for restrictions imposed on its own lenders.
* FIRSTGROUP: FirstGroup FGP.L suitor I Squared has been given a deadline of Aug. 18 by the UK Takeover Panel to make a firm offer or walk away, the British transport firm said on Thursday.
* SFO: Failings at Britain's Serious Fraud Office (SFO) were in the spotlight on Thursday as a government-ordered review laid bare the agency's missteps in a high-profile bribery case as a London court simultaneously quashed a third criminal conviction.
* CONSUMER SENTIMENT: British consumers' confidence remained stuck at a record low this month in the face of surging inflation and higher interest rates, a survey showed on Friday.
* UK's FTSE 100 crawled higher on Thursday as gains in financial stocks offset the weakness in energy and healthcare shares, while positive corporate earnings reports supported the mid-cap index.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。