UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 23
July 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.3%.
* CONSUMER CONFIDENCE: British consumers were their most confident in July since before the coronavirus pandemic despite a pick-up in COVID-19 cases, a survey from market research firm GfK showed.
* COVID-19: Daily contact testing will be rolled out to workplaces in Britain's food sector so staff who have been 'pinged' by the COVID-19 app can keep working if they test negative rather than isolating, the government said on Thursday.
* NMC: B.R. Shetty, the founder of stricken UAE hospital operator NMC Health, has sued auditor EY, two former top executives of his companies and two banks in a U.S. court, seeking $8 billion in damages for an alleged multibillion-dollar fraud at his group.
* GOLD: Gold prices steadied after hitting a more than one-week low in the previous session, as a retreat in U.S. bond yields and weak economic data countered a stronger dollar.
* OIL: Oil prices trimmed overnight gains but were poised to end the week largely steady after rebounding from a sharp drop, underpinned by expectations supply will remain tight as demand recovers.
* London's FTSE 100 ended lower on Thursday, weighed down by weakness in Unilever shares after it cut its full-year margin forecasts coupled with a fall in energy stocks, while the mid-cap index rose on a set of positive corporate results.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Brewin Dolphin Holdings
Q3 trading statement
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru; Editing by Shailesh Kuber
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。