UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 25
July 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening lower on Monday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.5%.
* RYANAIR: Ryanair RYA.I posted an after-tax profit of 170 million euros ($174 million) for the three months ended June, its first profit in the quarter in three years but well short of pre-COVID-19 profit levels.
* LME: The London Metal Exchange (LME) has lost ED&F Man Capital Markets as a ring dealing member after most of its floor team resigned because they expect takeover talks with broker Marex to be successful, a source close to the situation said on Friday.
* BRITAIN: British Foreign secretary Liz Truss will set out plans to create new low-regulation investment zones and more freeports, stepping up her campaign to be next prime minister.
* DOVER: Long traffic jams built up outside the Port of Dover, Britain's main gateway to Europe, and officials said the disruption could be worse than the logjam seen on Friday.
* GOLD: Gold prices steadied after early losses on Monday, buoyed by lower Treasury yields and a slight pullback in the dollar, while investors braced for a 75-basis-point interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve this week.
* OIL: Oil prices dropped, extending a recent losing streak on concerns that an expected rise in U.S. interest rates would weaken fuel demand.
* METALS: Prices of base metals in London eased as worries of a slowing global economy weighed on markets.
* Britain's domestically focused index outperformed the blue-chip FTSE 100 for its third straight week on Friday, with insurer Beazley topping the mid-cap index following a strong annual forecast.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: SThree
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。