UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 27
July 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 3 points lower on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, while futures FFIc1 were down 0.15%.
* RECKITT BENCKISER: Reckitt Benckiser RKT.L missed analysts' estimates for second-quarter sales, as demand eased for its soaps and cold remedies and the company backed its full-year outlook.
* MOONPIG: Moonpig MOONM.L said its annual revenue and adjusted earnings more than doubled in its maiden set of results as a listed company.
* FIRSTGROUP: FirstGroup FGP.L said Chief Executive Matthew Gregory planned to step down in September, the day after its biggest shareholder demanded he resign.
* REACH: Reach Plc RCH.L said it was trading ahead of expectations and it sees that strong momentum continuing.
* VIRGIN MONEY UK: Virgin Money UK's VMUK.L total lending edged higher by 0.4% and the bank lifted its margin forecast.
* RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto RIO.L said on Monday it planned to cut production at its BC Works aluminium smelter in Kitimat, Canada to 35% following a strike initiated by the Canadian union Unifor after negotiation talks failed.
* GLENCORE: A former UK-based trader for Glencore Plc GLEN.L pleaded guilty on Monday over what U.S. prosecutors called his role in a scheme to bribe officials in Nigeria in exchange for favourable contracts from that country's state-owned oil company.
* ULTRA ELECTRONICS: The UK government is closely monitoring Cobham's takeover bid of British defence group Ultra Electronics ULE.L , a government spokesperson told Reuters.
* GOLD: Gold traded in a tight range as investors focused on this week's Federal Reserve meeting for clues about when the central bank might rein in its easy monetary policies.
* OIL: Oil prices were steady with investors betting tight supply and rising vaccination rates will help offset any impact on demand due to surging COVID-19 cases worldwide.
* London's FTSE 100 index ended flat on Monday as weakness in healthcare stocks and a stronger pound offset gains in commodity-linked shares.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。