UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 29
July 29(Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.35%.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L topped analyst expectations for second-quarter profit and revenue, helped by higher demand for its cancer medicines.
* IAG: IAG IAG.L returned to quarterly profitability for the first time since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, following a "significant" increase in capacity.
* ASTON MARTIN: Aston Martin AML.L reported a bigger loss for the first half of the year as it sold fewer cars, hurt in part by supply chain snarls.
* NATWEST: NatWest NWG.L reported better than expected profit for the first half of the year, as Bank of England rate hikes lifted its finances despite runaway inflation threatening to crunch Britain's economy.
* GLENCORE: Glencore GLEN.L lowered its full-year copper guidance, partly owing to reduced output from its Katanga open-pit mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
* JUPITER: Jupiter Fund Management JUP.L reported a fall in its half-yearly profit, due to an increase in outflows as key global markets are buckling under rising geopolitical tensions and inflationary concerns.
* RIGHTMOVE: Rightmove RMV.L expects "broadly stable" market activity for the rest of the year, the online real-estate portal said, after it posted a higher half-year profit.
* PROBE: Britain's competition watchdog said it was investigating fashion brands ASOS ASOS.L , Boohoo Group BOOH.L and George at Asda over eco-friendly and sustainability claims by the companies.
* STANCHART: Standard Chartered STAN.L reported that first-half pre-tax profit rose 19%, above market expectations, as the emerging markets-focused lender benefited from rising interest rates.
* EASYJET: Spain-based cabin crew at easyJet EZJ.L have suspended a planned strike at the weekend after reaching a deal with the budget airline that includes higher salaries, local union USO.
* GSK: GSK GSK.L has struck a deal to allow low-cost generic versions of its long-acting HIV preventive medicine to be used in the developing world.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain and Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。