UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 8
June 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 2 points lower at 7,076 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 down 0.1%.
* BAT: British American Tobacco BATS.L raised its annual revenue growth forecast to more than 5% at constant currency as the cigarette maker's focus on newer products like e-cigarettes and tobacco-heating devices pays off.
* RESTAURANT GROUP: English Football Association appointed Restaurant Group's RTN.L Debbie Hewitt as its first woman chair, with effect from January 2022.
* ICG: Asset manager Intermediate Capital Group ICP.L posted a 19% jump in its full-year third-party assets under management (AUM) to $56.15 billion, as COVID-19 vaccinations and government support measures boosted investor sentiment.
* PARAGON BANKING: Paragon Banking Group PAGPA.L posted a record first-half underlying profit as lending volumes bounced back from a pandemic-hit 2020, and the company set out a 40 million pound ($56.60 million) buyback plan.
* TRAVEL: The heads of all passenger airlines flying between Britain and the United States called on Monday for both countries to lift trans-Atlantic travel restrictions put in place to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
* GOLD: Gold prices edged lower, weighed down by an uptick in the dollar, while investors cautiously awaited U.S. economic data due later this week to gauge inflationary pressure and the Federal Reserve's steer on monetary policy.
* OIL: Oil prices lost more ground as concerns about the fragile state of the global recovery in demand for crude and fuels were heightened by data showing China's oil imports fell in May.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed 0.1% higher on Monday, helped by gains in banking and homebuilders, while office space provider IWG slumped to a four-month low after issuing a profit warning.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Priyanshi Mandhan in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。