UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 15
March 15 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening lower on Tuesday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.7%
* SHELL: Environmental lawyers ClientEarth said on Tuesday they were preparing legal action against the directors of Shell SHEL.L over the company's climate transition plan, in what they said would be the first such case of its kind.
* ARM: Arm Ltd plans to cut 12% to 15% of its workforce, the British chip designer said on Monday, just over a month after the collapse of the firm's $40 billion sale to U.S. chipmaker Nvidia Corp NVDA.O .
* ECONOMY: The Bank of England is almost certain to increase borrowing costs on Thursday, nearly all economists polled by Reuters said, marking the third consecutive meeting where it has raised Bank Rate as it continues its exit from pandemic-related support.
* OIL: Oil prices extended losses, sliding to a two-week low as ceasefire talks between Russia and Ukraine eased fears of further supply disruptions and surging COVID-19 cases in China fuelled concerns about slower demand.
* GOLD: Gold prices hit a more than one-week low, as U.S. Treasury yields climbed ahead of an expected rate hike from the Federal Reserve, while hopes for progress in Russia-Ukraine talks further dampened the metal's safe-haven appeal.
* METALS: London aluminium prices edged higher, buoyed by lingering supply concerns triggered by the Russia-Ukraine conflict, although the gains were capped by demand worries in top metals' consumer China on soaring COVID-19 cases.
* UK shares rose on Monday as hopes for progress in Russia-Ukraine peace talks lifted sentiment globally, with financials leading the advance on FTSE 100, while Rio Tinto fell after proposing to buy the remaining of Canada's Turquoise Hill.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: TI Fluid
FY Results Systems
HY Results Wines
FY Results Energy
HY Results Furniture
HY Results Brothers
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。