UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 22
March 22 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 3 points lower at 6,705 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures .FFIc1 down 0.41% ahead of the cash market open.
* DELIVEROO: Deliveroo said its upcoming initial public offering in London will value the company at up to 8.8 billion pounds.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L and Oxford University's COVID-19 vaccine was 79% effective in a large U.S. trial at preventing symptomatic illness, the drugmaker said. Separately, University of Oxford said phase three trials conducted in the U.S., Chile and Peru have shown that COVID-19 AstraZeneca vaccine is safe and highly effective.
* KINGFISHER: Kingfisher KGF.L reported a 44% jump in full-year profit.
* CENTAMIN: Centamin's CEY.L annual pretax profit nearly doubled as gold prices surged during the COVID-19 crisis.
* PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE: Britain's competition watchdog said it is investigating whether Penguin Random House's $2.18 billion takeover of Simon & Schuster may reduce competition.
* BP: BP's BP.L output at its projects in Azerbaijan totalled 3.9 million tonnes in January to February, the energy ministry said on Saturday.
* COVID-19: Britain said it would remind the European Union of its commitment to allow vaccine manufacturers to fulfil orders, including the export of shots to Britain, after speculation of a vaccine trade war heated up.
* TRAVEL: Holidays abroad are "extremely unlikely" for most Britons this summer due to the risk of importing new variants of COVID-19, a scientist who advises the government said on Saturday, leaving airlines and travel companies bracing for a second lost peak season.
* GOLD: Gold prices slipped as investors opted for alternative safe-haven assets such as the U.S. dollar and bonds.
* OIL: Oil prices resumed their decline, falling around 1% as worries about a drop in demand for fuel products in the wake of yet more European lockdowns dominated trading.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed 1.1% lower on Friday, as a retreat in U.S. Treasury yields weighed on bank stocks.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Priyanshi Mandhan in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。