UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 3
March 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening lower on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.16%.
* LSE: The London Stock Exchange said it had suspended with immediate effect the trading of global depository receipts (GDRs) of several Russia-based companies including Rosneft, Sberbank of Russia, Gazprom, En+ and Lukoil.
* COCA COLA HBC: Coca Cola HBC CCH.L has temporarily stopped production at its plant in Kyiv and evacuated employees following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the soft drinks bottler said, adding that it scrapped its forecasts for the full year.
* ADMIRAL: British motor and home insurer Admiral ADML.L posted a 26% increase in profit in 2021, helped by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the use of machine learning in its underwriting, it said.
* ITV: ITV ITV.L said it would launch a new on-demand platform called ITVX later this year with an aim of doubling its digital revenue to 750 million pounds ($1.01 billion) by 2026.
* ENTAIN: British gambling firm Entain's ENT.L core profit rose 4.6% last year, boosted by the popularity of online betting during lockdowns.
* TAYLOR WIMPEY: UK homebuilder Taylor Wimpey Plc TW.L forecast growth in the number of homes built in 2022 and announced an about 150 million pound ($201.14 million) share buyback after posting a more than two-fold surge in its annual profit.
* MEGGIT: British aircraft parts maker Meggitt MGGT.L posted lower annual profit hit by supply disruptions, and flagged a possible "material" write down on a Russian aircraft program in the next 12 months amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
* MELROSE: Jet and automotive parts supplier Melrose Industries MRON.L said it was reviewing the timing of its returns to shareholders as global markets reel from the impact of Ukraine crisis.
* PAGE GROUP: Global recruiter PageGroup Plc PAGE.L reported an 891% jump in annual profit, driven by a recovery in technology, and healthcare and life sciences sectors as demand surges for long-term hiring following reopening of economies.
* RENTOKIL INITIAL: Rentokil Initial RTO.L posted a 17% rise in full-year profit, buoyed by demand for its core pest control services as businesses reopened after the easing of pandemic curbs.
* SCHRODERS: British money manager Schroders SDR.L reported a 23% jump in annual profit, helped by stronger performance fees and growing client demand at its mutual funds division.
* ASOS-BOOHOO: British online fashion retailers ASOS ASOS.L and Boohoo BOOH.L have both suspended sales in Russia after Russia's invasion of Ukraine, joining a growing list of companies shunning the country.
* IAG: British Airways owner IAG ICAG.L has experienced surface degradation on Airbus AIR.PA A350 jets but not to the same extent as Qatar Airways and it will not affect planned deliveries, its CEO said.
* SHELL: The Nigerian units of Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L and TotalEnergies TTEF.PA and state oil firm NNPC signed agreement to supply 70 million standard cubic feet of gas to Dangote Group fertiliser plants to help ramp up production and increase exports.
* FCA: Britain's financial watchdog has stopped a quarter of all licence applications over the past year from companies wanting to offer investment services to consumers, it said.
* OFCOM: Britain's media regulator Ofcom said on Wednesday it was considering whether news broadcaster RT should retain its licence in the United Kingdom.
* GOLD: Gold prices were flat as risk appetite improved after the U.S. Federal Reserve chairman tried to assuage fears about aggressive interest rate hikes, offsetting safe-haven demand spurred by the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
* OIL: Oil prices extended their rally, with Brent rising above $118 a barrel as trade disruption and shipping issues from Russian sanctions over the Ukraine crisis sparked supply worries, while U.S. crude stocks fell to multi-year lows.
* UK's FTSE 100 ended higher on Wednesday as shares of oil and industrial mining giants received a boost from soaring commodity prices in the wake of the intensifying Russia-Ukraine crisis.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru; Editing by Vinay Dwivedi
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。