UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 21
May 21 (Reuters) - Futures for Britain's FTSE 100 index FFIc1 were 0.06% higher on Friday.
* BIFFA: Biffa Plc BIFF.L said it would buy the collections business and certain recycling assets from Viridor Waste Management Ltd for 126 million pounds.
* CARD FACTORY: Card Factory CARDC.L reported a marginal drop in like-for-like store sales, compared with 2019.
* ELECTRA PRIVATE EQUITY: Electra Private Equity ELTA.L said that it plans to list TGI Fridays and Hotter Shoes, its two remaining portfolio companies, as the British buyout firm prepares to wind down.
* TRAVIS PERKINS: Travis Perkins TPK.L said it has sold its plumbing and heating business to an affiliate of investment firm H.I.G. Capital for 325 million pounds.
* RETAIL: British retail sales surged by 9.2% in April, when non-essential shops reopened after months of closure due to COVID restrictions, their biggest jump since a previous reopening in June, official data showed.
* CONSUMER SENTIMENT: British consumers are their most upbeat since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, buoyed by growing optimism about the economy as lockdown restrictions are lifted, a survey showed.
* GOLD: Gold fell as optimism around a rebound in the U.S. economy lifted appeal for riskier assets.
* OIL: Oil prices nudged up, recovering from three days of losses as investors braced for the return of Iranian crude supplies after officials said Iran and world powers made progress on talks to revive a 2015 nuclear deal.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed 1% higher on Thursday from its worst daily performance in a week.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Priyanshi Mandhan in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。