UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 25
May 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Wednesday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.6%.
* M&S: British retailer Marks & Spencer MKS.L joined rivals in warning on the outlook for the current year amid a worsening cost-of-living crunch, taking the shine off a jump in profit.
* MEDICLINIC INTERNATIONAL: South African hospital chain operator Mediclinic International MDCM.L is reinstating dividends after almost doubling full-year profit, it said on Wednesday.
* SSE: British power company SSE Plc SSE.L reported a 23% jump in annual profit on Wednesday and said it was investing significantly more than it was making in profit to help reduce dependency on imported gas.
* PETS AT HOME GROUP: Pets at Home PETSP.L , Britain's largest pet supplies retailer, reported a 65.3% jump in annual profit on Wednesday, helped by solid demand for its pet products and veterinary services.
* LEGAL & GENERAL: British insurer Legal & General LGEN.L has formed a 50:50 partnership with U.S. developer Ancora to invest in U.S. life sciences and technology real estate in the first U.S. investment by its alternative assets arm, the insurer said on Wednesday.
* GLENCORE: Glencore Plc GLEN.L said on Tuesday it anticipates paying up to $1.5 billion to settle accusations of bribery and market manipulation, as authorities in the United States, Britain and Brazil announced that three of the company's subsidiaries were pleading guilty to crimes.
* SHELL: Oil major Shell SHEL.L on Tuesday said planned maintenance at its Mars platform in the Gulf of Mexico was completed on Sunday.
* UK's FTSE 100 fell on Tuesday, tracking a sour global mood with energy stocks leading declines and shares of British utilities slumped after a media report fuelled speculation of a windfall tax.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。