UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 4
May 4 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening steady on Wednesday, with futures FFIc1 marginally up 0.1%.
* HSBC: HSBC HSBA.L investors gave a break-up proposal by its biggest shareholder a lukewarm response, voicing concerns a split would prove complex with no guarantee of raising returns.
* JUPITER: British asset manager Jupiter JUP.L has decided to close its Emerging European Opportunities Fund, it said, as the fund management sector contends with knock-on effects from Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
* ASTON MARTIN: British luxury carmaker Aston Martin AML.L will replace its Chief Executive Officer Tobias Moers with Amedeo Felisa, the former Ferrari NV RACE.MI chief, according to the Financial Times.
* FCA: Staff at Britain's Financial Conduct Authority were poised to strike for the first time as a protracted dispute over pay and union recognition remained unresolved.
* METAL: London copper prices rose as investors sought bargains after a sell-off on economic recovery worries, although demand outlook still appeared weak due to COVID-19 lockdowns in top consumer China and a higher-interest-rate environment.
* GOLD: Gold prices fell, as higher U.S. Treasury yields and a looming interest rate hike announcement by the Federal Reserve dented demand for zero-yield bullion.
* OIL: Oil prices rose at the start of Asian trade after industry data showed drawdowns in U.S. crude and fuel stockpiles, raising supply concerns and offsetting worries about slowing demand from top importer China.
* UK's FTSE 100 edged higher on Tuesday, as energy shares lifted by upbeat results from oil major BP outweighed a strong sterling and weakness in mining shares.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Flutter Entertainment FLTRF.L Q1 trading update Direct Line
Q1 trading update Aston Martin
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。