UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 6
May 6 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening lower on Friday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.25%.
* EVRAZ: The British government said it had sanctioned Evraz, whose biggest shareholder is sanctioned billionaire Roman Abramovich, in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
* MCCOLL'S: Struggling British convenience shop chain MCLSM.L said it was increasingly likely that the group would be placed into administration, a move that could put thousands of jobs at peril.
* PRIMARK: Primark has pledged to train an additional 125,000 smallholder cotton farmers in more sustainable farming methods in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh by the end of 2023.
* VIRGIN MONEY UK: British bank VMUK.L posted a jump in half-year profits, but disappointed some investors by not announcing a share buyback plan, sending its shares down 10%.
* TESCO: The trade body for Britain's pig industry told Tesco TSCO.L it needs to do more to support struggling producers or risk losing its UK pork supply base.
* GOLD: Gold prices edged lower, on track for a third straight weekly loss as the U.S. dollar and Treasury yields rallied on a hawkish U.S. Federal Reserve stance, with investors awaiting U.S. jobs data due later in the day.
* OIL: Oil prices climbed for a third straight session, shrugging off concerns about global economic growth as worries about tightening supplies underpinned prices ahead of an impending European Union embargo on Russian oil.
* FTSE 100: Britain's blue-chip index closed slightly higher on Thursday, supported by strong earnings from energy major Shell and a slump in sterling after the Bank of England (BoE) warned the UK economy was at risk of a recession.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Spirent Communications SPT.L
Q1 Trading Update Beazley
Q1 Interim Statement IHG
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。