UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 18
Nov 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher with futures up 0.25% on Friday.
* DS SMITH: DS Smith SMDS.L appointed Richard Pike as its finance director to replace Adrian Marsh, who is retiring next summer.
* LEGAL & GENERAL: British insurer L&G LGEN.L said it expected a 10 million pound hit to its revenue and profit this year.
* NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY: Nationwide Building Society said bad loans are likely to rise as pressure on household finances squeezes its customers.
* TESCO: Tesco TSCO.L is offering its staff advances on their pay to help them navigate a worsening cost-of-living crisis.
* RETAIL SALES: British retail sales volumes rose by 0.6% in monthly terms in October, official data showed.
* RIO: The full 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it will weigh whether the federal government improperly gave Rio Tinto Plc RIO.L thousands of acres in Arizona for its Resolution Copper mining project.
* ROYAL MAIL: Postal workers at Britain's Royal Mail will strike for six days in the run-up to the busy Christmas period in a dispute over pay and conditions, said their union.
* HEATHROW: About 350 ground handlers at London's Heathrow airport will begin a 72-hour strike from Friday in a pay dispute, said the Unite union.
* SHELL: Shell Pipeline Co's Zydeco oil pipeline from Houston to Port Neches, Texas, is operating at reduced capacity due to project work at Port Neches.
* WINDFALL TAX: British finance minister Jeremy Hunt unveiled plans to increase a windfall tax on oil and gas companies and extend it to power generation firms in an effort to raise tens of billions of pounds to plug a major hole in public finances.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Compiled by Anchal Rana and Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。