UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 10
Oct 10 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Monday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.37%.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Anglo American's AAL.L De Beers has appointed oil and energy industry executive Al Cook as its new chief to replace Bruce Cleaver, who steps down after eight years at the helm of the world's top diamond producer.
* BOE: The Bank of England said it was ready to increase the size of its daily purchases of government bonds to ensure sufficient capacity ahead of the end of its emergency programme to calm recent turmoil in the gilt market, which is due to end on Friday.
* DS SMITH: British cardboard maker DS Smith SMDS.L forecast overall annual performance to be ahead of its expectations, helped by strong revenue growth and cost cuts.
* BOE: The Bank of England said it would launch a temporary expanded collateral repo facility to help banks ease liquidity pressures facing their client funds caught up in the recent market turmoil which threatened pension funds.
* OIL: Oil prices slipped, easing off five-week highs, as the market took profits following strong gains last week on expectations of tighter supplies following OPEC+ cuts and ahead of the European Union embargo on Russian oil.
* GOLD: Gold prices fell to a one-week low as solid U.S. jobs data boosted expectations that the Federal Reserve will continue to deliver oversized interest rate hikes.
* METALS: Prices of most base metals in London fell , as better-than-expected U.S. jobs data raised concerns the Federal Reserve would stick with its rate-hike narrative to tackle inflation.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi and Anchal Rana in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。