UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct. 13
Oct 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening flat on Wednesday, with futures .FFIc1 marginally down 0.23%.
* MARSTON'S: Pub operator Marston's MARS.L said that sales were above pre-pandemic levels in the fourth quarter, as people filled up its bars after lockdowns were eased to watch football tournaments and enjoy the warm weather.
* Barratt: Barratt Developments BDEV.L said forward sales for the past three months had risen above pre-pandemic levels, boosted by strong reservations for private homes.
* WPP: Advertising group WPP WPP.L said its public relations unit Finsbury Glover Hering would merge with peer SVC to form a new company worth about $917 million.
* THG: British online retailer THG THG.L said that it knew of no reason for the nearly 35% fall in its shares in the previous session following a presentation it made to investors.
* UK ECONOMY: Britain's economy returned to growth in August after contracting for the first time in six months in July, keeping intact financial market bets that the Bank of England will begin raising interest rates before the end of the year.
* GOLD: Gold held steady, underpinned by a slight pullback in the dollar and U.S. Treasury yields, while investors awaited U.S. inflation data to gauge the Federal Reserve's path on normalising policy.
* OIL: Oil prices edged down on concerns that oil demand growth will fall as major economies suffer through inflation and supply chain issues though surging prices for power generation fuel such as coal and natural gas limited losses.
* Miners and travel stocks pressured London's FTSE 100 index on Tuesday, with investors also worried about higher energy costs, supply chain disruptions and a looming rate hike crimping economic recovery.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Geetha Panchaksharam)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。