UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 19
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Monday with futures FFIc1 marginally up 0.05%.
* BHP: BHP Group BHP.AX posted a near 5% drop in first-quarter iron ore output due to maintenance work at its Jimblebar mine and a shortage of rail labour caused by COVID-19 border restrictions.
* TESCO: Britain's biggest retailer Tesco TSCO.L will open on Tuesday its first checkout-free store in central London, allowing customers to shop and pay without scanning a product or interacting with a cashier.
* MORRISONS: Shareholders in supermarket group Morrisons MRW.L are expected on Tuesday to approve a 7 billion pound offer by U.S. private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, bringing the curtain down on Britain's most fiercely contested takeover this year.
* JOBS: The COVID-19 pandemic has wiped out one in three jobs in the UK music industry, a trade body said, as it called for government support to help the sector recover.
* INVESTMENT: Britain said it had attracted nearly 10 billion pounds from global investors to fund its green regeneration agenda, as it hosted an investment summit involving 200 of the world's top financiers and executives.
* OFGEM: Britain's energy market regulator Ofgem said on Monday it has appointed Royal Dutch Shell's RDSa.L power retail business Shell Energy to take on customers of Pure Planet Limited, Daligas Limited and Colorado Energy Limited.
* OIL: Oil prices fell, with Brent down a second straight day, after Chinese data showed slowing economic growth and U.S. factory output dropped in September, raising fresh concerns about demand amid patchy recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
* London's FTSE 100 slipped on Monday as investors ramped up bets of a quicker interest rate hike by the Bank of England, while gaming company Playtech soared after a 2.1-billion-pound takeover offer by Australia's Aristocrat Leisure.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
FY results Centamin
Q3 report 888 Holdings
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。