UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 21
Oct 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.3%.
* BP: BP BP.L has signed a sales and purchase agreement with a unit of China's Shenzhen Gas Group Co Ltd to supply piped natural gas for 10 years starting 2023, BP said in a statement on Wednesday.
* ECONOMY: More people in Britain are finding it hard to meet their bills and a growing number are worried about being unable to heat their homes this winter, according to a poll which underscored the impact of rising inflation on the public.
* TRADE DEAL: Britain and New Zealand have reached agreement in principle on a free trade deal designed to reduce tariffs, improve services trade.
* NATIONAL GRID: Britain's National Grid NG.L said it will make 500 megawatts (MW) of capacity at the IFA interconnector in Sellindge in Kent available to the market on Wednesday around 17:59 GMT before ramping up to 1,000 MW on Oct. 21.
* COVID-19: Britain's COVID-19 infection numbers could rise to 100,000 a day, but the government will not implement its so-called "plan B" contingency measures at this time, health minister Sajid Javid said on Wednesday.
* OIL: Oil prices were mixed, paring earlier gains, as some investors scooped up profits from the recent rally while solid demand in the United States and a switch to fuel oil from coal and gas amid surging prices underpinned market sentiment.
* London's FTSE 100 edged higher on Wednesday, helped by gains in consumer companies and data showing a modest easing in domestic inflation, although a slide in mining stocks capped the advance.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Trading update Anglo American
Production report Dechra Pharma
Trading update Rentokil Initial
Trading update St. James Place
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。