UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 28
Oct 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening flat on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures marginally down 0.03%.
* SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L set a new target for its direct operational greenhouse gas emissions, reporting third-quarter profit down 25% at $4.13 billion from the previous quarter, below expectations.
* LLOYDS: Lloyds Banking Group LLOY.L posted a better-than-expected profit for the third quarter as Britain's economy rebounded from pandemic lockdowns.
* WPP: WPP.L lifted its full-year underlying net sales guidance again after third-quarter trading easily beat forecasts on demand from the United States, Britain and Germany.
* INCHCAPE: Inchcape INCH.L raised its full-year profit expectations after a strong third quarter, even as the car dealer said it expected supply chain issues caused by a global shortfall in semiconductors to continue well into 2022.
* MEGGITT: British aerospace engineer and takeover target Meggitt Plc MGGT.L warned of lower annual revenue and profit as it struggles with supply-chain problems and weak defence markets.
* TRAVIS PERKINS: UK building materials supplier Travis Perkins TPK.L raised its profit forecast for the third time in five months.
* RESTAURANT GROUP: Britain's Restaurant Group RTN.L , which owns Frankie & Benny's and Wagamama, named former Cadbury and Avis Europe executive Ken Hanna as its next chairman.
* DS SMITH: Cardboard maker DS Smith SMDS.L said its box volume growth has been strong in the first half of the year, supported by the fast-moving consumer goods market and continued growth in e-commerce supply even as pandemic curbs ease.
* The United Kingdom's blue-chip share index slipped on Wednesday and midcap stocks gained ground after British finance minister Rishi Sunak forecast faster growth and lower borrowing as the economy bounces back from the coronavirus pandemic.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting By Amna Karimi in Bengaluru; Editing by Vinay Dwivedi
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。