UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 4
Oct 4 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Tuesday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.7%.
* GREGGS: Greggs GRG.L said it traded well in its latest quarter, showing its resilience against the backdrop of a worsening cost of living squeeze.
* MADE.COM: Made.com MADE.L said it has started talks with a number of interested parties for a potential sale of the company.
* DIAGEO: Diageo PLC's DGE.L Chief Executive Ivan Menezes believes Scotland could face a water shortage due to climate change unless businesses and lawmakers act, he said at the Reuters Impact conference on Monday.
* HEATHROW: London's Heathrow airport is set to end its daily limitations on passenger departures on Oct. 29, a source told Reuters on Monday.
* VODAFONE: Vodafone VOD.L is in talks with CK Hutchison 0001.HK about merging their businesses in Britain to create a market leading mobile network that could accelerate the roll-out of 5G services and expand broadband availability.
* OIL: Oil prices edged up as expectations that OPEC+ may agree to a large cut in crude output when it meets on Wednesday outweighed concerns about the global economy.
* GOLD: Gold prices steadied near a three-week high, as lower U.S. Treasury yields partially offset pressure from inflation-fearing Federal Reserve and other major central banks that raced each other to ramp up borrowing rates.
* METALS: London copper prices rose, supported by a softer U.S. dollar following weak economic data, but trading volume stayed low due to a week-long holiday in top consumer China.
* UK's main stock indexes ended higher for a second straight session on Monday, boosted by commodity-linked shares and Telecom Plus, with investors digesting the British government's reversal of tax cuts in its new fiscal policy.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。