UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct. 6
Oct 6 (Reuters) - Britain's futures .FFIc1 were 0.77% lower on Wednesday.
* PAGEGROUP: Global recruitment firm PageGroup PAGE.L raised its profit outlook, as the industry gradually recovers after being hammered by the COVID-19 pandemic.
* TESCO: Tesco TSCO.L raised its full-year outlook as it reported a 16.6% rise in first-half core retail profit and increased sales.
* IMPERIAL BRANDS: Tobacco group Imperial Brands Plc IMB.L said it was on track to meet its full-year organic profit growth forecast, encouraged by higher cigarette prices and lower losses in its next-generation products business.
* BLUE PRISM: British software company Blue Prism PRSMB.L defended its backing of private equity firm Vista Equity's takeover proposal.
* TUI GROUP: Travel company TUI Group TUIT.L TUIGn.DE said it would raise 1.1 bln euros ($1.27 billion) in a fully-underwritten capital increase to help pay down its pandemic debt.
* FRENCH CONNECTION: Britain's Financial Reporting Council has opened an investigation into the audit of retailer French Connection Group by accountants Mazars, the accounting watchdog said on Wednesday.
* WAGE: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson will announce a rise in the minimum wage within weeks, The Times newspaper reported.
* GOLD: Gold prices fell, pressured by a firmer dollar and U.S. Treasury yields, while investors focused on U.S. non-farm payrolls data that would be crucial to the Federal Reserve's schedule for tapering support.
* OIL: U.S. oil prices rose for a fifth day to their highest since 2014 amid global concerns about energy supply on signs of tightness in crude, natural gas and coal markets.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed 0.9% higher as signs of a recovery saw investors piling into economically sensitive sectors, with energy stocks rising as oil prices hit three-year highs.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Priyanshi Mandhan in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。