UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 16
Sept 16 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 21 points higher on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* SAINSBURY: British supermarket group Sainsbury's SBRY.L will offer lower prices to customers using its digital loyalty scheme and self-scanner service, deepening ties with shoppers and cutting costs in the latest wave of innovation to hit the industry.
* ITV: The chief executive of British commercial broadcaster ITV ITV.L said ad markets remained uncertain despite a bounceback in spending by companies in recent months.
* UNILEVER: A New Jersey state treasury official said it is set to divest $182 mln in Unilever Plc ULVR.L stock and bonds held by its pension funds over the restriction of sales
* BT: DAZN, the sports streaming service owned by billionaire Len Blavatnik's Access Industries, is "possibly" interested in BT Sport, the sports television unit of Britain's BT BT.L that has a content including Premier League soccer.
* British Prime Minister Boris Johnson reshuffled his senior ministers, appointing his party's first female foreign secretary.
* GOLD: Gold prices inched lower as cautious investors awaited signals on the U.S. Federal Reserve's timeline on withdrawal of its pandemic-era stimulus, with analysts expecting a further slide in prices on a formal announcement.
* OIL: Oil prices climbed, extending the previous day's solid gains after a larger-than-expected drawdown in crude oil stocks in the United States.
* UK shares ended lower on Wednesday, weighed by industrial and consumer discretionary stocks, after data showed British inflation accelerated to a 9-year high, fuelling concerns of a sooner-than-expected stimulus tapering by the Bank of England.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Galliford Try
FY results IG Group
Trading update Ashtead Group
Q1 results Kier
FY results Hilton Foods
HY results C&C Group
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Geetha Panchaksharam)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。