UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 17
Sept 17 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 34 points higher on Friday, with futures .FFIc1 marginally up 0.53%.
* FOXTONS GROUP: London-based real estate agent Foxtons Group FOXT.L said that Nigel Rich will replace Ian Barlow as its chairman, effective Oct. 1.
* S4 CAPITAL: Martin Sorrell's S4 Capital SFOR.L has struck a deal to buy Zemoga, a technology services company that provides a new route for the rapidly growing digital advertising group to win work from multinational clients.
* TRAVEL RULES: The British government will probably consider easing some COVID-19 travel rules later on Friday, agriculture minister George Eustice said.
* UK RETAIL SALES: British retail sales volumes unexpectedly fell last month in what is now their longest streak of declines since current records began, though sales volumes still remain above pre-pandemic levels, official data showed on Friday.
* BOE: Bank of England rate-setters who may be tempted to vote next week for an early end to their COVID-19 stimulus plans are likely to hold off for now.
* GOLD: Gold prices recovered after sliding to an over one-month low in the previous session, though a firm dollar set the metal on course for a weekly decline as investors awaited next week's key U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting.
* OIL: Oil prices fell as more supply came back online in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico following two hurricanes, but both benchmark contracts are on track to post weekly gains of around 4% as the recovery in output is seen lagging demand.
* UK shares ended higher on Thursday, lifted by travel and industrial stocks, while Ashtead Group AHT.L jumped to the top of the blue-chip index after a strong earnings update.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Geetha Panchaksharam)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。