UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 30
Sept 30 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 21 points higher on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* MARKS & SPENCER: Marks & Spencer MKS.L pledged to become net zero in carbon emissions across its own operations, its entire supply chain and its products by 2040, 10 years ahead of a government target for Britain.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca Plc's AZN.L COVID-19 vaccine demonstrated 74% efficacy at preventing symptomatic disease, according to long-awaited results of the company's U.S. clinical trial published on Wednesday.
* BOE: Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey said on Wednesday that he expected Britain's economy to recover its pre-pandemic level of output early next year.
* G7: Finance ministers from the Group of Seven said they made some progress at reaching a joint position on a landmark global corporate tax deal.
* STAFF VISA: Britain's financial sector has called on the government to ease visa requirements on overseas staff who want to work up to six months in the country to maintain global competitiveness.
* DATA: British car production dropped by 27% year-on-year in August, a trade industry body said on Thursday.
* GOLD: Gold prices edged higher after hitting a seven-week trough in the previous session, although a robust dollar and elevated U.S. Treasury yields kept pressure intact.
* OIL: Oil prices fell, extending losses after official figures showed an unexpected rise in inventories in the United States although prices seem to have stabilised following a recent run of gains.
* London's FTSE 100 ended higher on Wednesday, as AstraZeneca boosted healthcare stocks on completing a takeover deal to sharpen its focus on rare-disease drugs.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Avation PLC
FY results Avacta
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Geetha Panchaksharam)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。