UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 30
Sept 30 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower with futures FFIc1 down 0.23% on Friday.
* CAPRICORN: Capricorn Energy CNE.L plans to merge with Israel's NewMed NWMDp.TA in an all-share deal after paying a $620 million special dividend to its shareholders, ditching a previous scheme to merge with Tullow Oil TLW.L .
* JOULES: Struggling British fashion retailer Joules JOUL.L said its turnaround plan, focused on boosting profitability, was making good progress, weeks after Next NXT.L abandoned plans to inject funds into the company.
* BARCLAYS: Barclays BARC.L agreed with the U.S. SEC to pay $361 million after control failures led the bank to sell $17.7 billion of securities it was not allowed to issue.
* FCA: The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has contacted lenders in the United Kingdom following the withdrawal of more than 1,600 mortgage products by most high-street lenders, the FT reported.
* JD SPORTS: Britain's biggest sportswear retailer JD Sports Fashion JD.L has extended its links with Nike Inc NKE.N with a deal that gives its customers access to more of the U.S. brand's footwear and apparel.
* OIL: Oil prices were little changed during Asian trade, though were headed for their first weekly gain in five weeks, underpinned by a weaker U.S. dollar and the possibility that OPEC+ may agree to cut crude output when it meets on Oct. 5.
* GOLD: Gold prices were set for their biggest quarterly fall since early 2021, as aggressive interest rate hikes by the U.S. Federal Reserve and commitment to deliver more dented the zero-yielding metal's appeal.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE lost 1.8% on Thursday as banks and consumer staples weighed.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Pennon Plc
CINE.L Interim Results
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Radhika Anilkumar in Bengaluru;
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。