UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 7
Sept 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 16 points lower on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered STAN.L has agreed a joint venture deal to launch a digital-only bank in Singapore with the country's National Trades Union Congress (NTUC).
* GLENCORE: Glencore subsidiary Prodeco will hand back its Colombian coal mining concessions after the country's national mining agency (ANM) accepted an initially rejected request.
* NORTHERN IRELAND: Britain plans to further extend post-Brexit grace periods on some goods imports to Northern Ireland, Brexit minister David Frost said on Monday, in a move designed to give London and Brussels more time for talks about trade with the province.
* GUINEA: Prices for aluminium ore bauxite from Guinea hit their highest in almost 18 months in top metals consumer China on Monday as buyers fretted about supply after a coup in the West African country, though no mines reported any disruption.
* RETAIL: British consumer spending jumped last month due to a post-lockdown splurge on holidays at home and entertainment, payment card company Barclaycard said on Tuesday.
* GOLD: Gold prices were steady near recent highs, supported by expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve would delay a tapering in its pandemic-era asset purchases, while the European Central Bank's meeting this week was also in focus.
* OIL: Oil prices were mixed in quiet trade as some investors scooped up bargains following the recent losses while growing fears over slower demand after Saudi Arabia's sharp cuts to crude contract prices for Asia weighed on sentiment.
* London's FTSE 100 rose on Monday, led by financial and industrials stocks, on bets that central banks would keep monetary policy loose amid signs of a sharp slowdown in the global economic rebound.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HY results Vistry
HY results Ted Baker
Trading update TP ICAP
HY results Safestore
Trading update IQE
HY results McBride
FY results Luceco
LUCEL.L HY results
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
(Reporting By Geetha Panchaksharam)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。