UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 7
Sept 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower with futures FFIc1 down 0.93% on Wednesday.
* BARRATT: Barratt Developments Plc BDEV.L said it would buy back shares worth 200 million pounds ($229.50 million), after UK's biggest housebuilder posted a record annual profit and said it was on track to meet volume output target for fiscal 2023.
* WH SMITH: British retailer WH Smith SMWH.L its second-half revenue was ahead of pre-pandemic levels, helped by a rebound in travel, even as its high-street business remained subdued.
* REAL ESTATE: British house prices rose in August although a torrid economic outlook spells trouble ahead for the housing market in the months ahead, said mortgage lender Halifax said.
* RIO TINTO: A U.S. judge said Rio Tinto Plc RIO.L must face an investor lawsuit accusing the Anglo-Australian mining giant of concealing delays and huge cost overruns at a Mongolian copper and gold mine owned by Turquoise Hill Resources TRQ.TO .
* BP: BP BP.L restored production at its 435,000-barrel-per-day (bpd) Whiting, Indiana, refinery on Sunday.
* BEN & JERRY: Ben & Jerry said it plans to amend its lawsuit challenging the sale of its ice cream business in Israel by its parent company, Unilever ULVR.L .
* IHG: Holiday Inn owner IHG IHG.L said that bookings on its websites and apps were facing disruptions after its technology systems were hit by "unauthorised activity".
* OIL: Oil prices fell more than $1 on Wednesday to their lowest since before Russia invaded Ukraine.
* GOLD: Gold prices fell ,as the U.S. dollar & Treasury yields jumped after upbeat economic data bolstered expectations that the Federal Reserve will maintain its stance to hike interest rates.
* British stock indexes ended higher on Tuesday boosted from financials and retailers.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Anchal Rana in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。