UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 28
April 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.31%.
* STANCHART: Standard Chartered's STAN.L first-quarter pre-tax profit rose 6%, beating market expectations, as the emerging markets-focused lender benefited from rising interest rates and flagged a robust outlook.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L tightened its restrictions on buying Russian oil, saying it would no longer accept refined products with any Russian content, including blended fuels.
* CHANNEL 4: Britain's government said it will set out plans to sell Channel 4, the publicly owned but commercially funded broadcaster established in the 1980s, in a policy paper.
* GFG ALLIANCE-SFO: Teams of investigators have visited the British addresses of Indian-British steel magnate Sanjeev Gupta's GFG Alliance, demanding documents such as balance sheets, annual reports and other correspondence, the UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO) said.
* METALS: Copper prices edged higher on hopes that China will step up its metal-intensive infrastructure construction to counter the impact of COVID-19 lockdowns, although a stronger dollar limited gains.
* GOLD: Gold prices weakened to a two-month low as an elevated dollar hurt demand for greenback-priced bullion, while an impending U.S. interest rate hike also dampened the metal's appeal as an inflation hedge.
* OIL: Oil prices edged lower in early Asian trade as concerns about rising coronavirus cases in China, the world's biggest oil importer, weighed on futures markets.
* FTSE 100: London's FTSE 100 edged up on Wednesday, driven by gains in miners and strong corporate updates, although a fall in cyclical stocks and industrial software company Aveva Group capped its rise.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
FY results Barclays
Q1 results Glencore
Q1 Production Report Smith & Nephew
Q1 Trading update Indivior
Q1 results Unilever
Q1 Trading statement Schroders
Q1 Trading update Inchcape
Q1 Trading update Synthomer
Q1 Trading update Weir Group
Q1 Interim Management
FY results St James’s Place
Q1 New Business
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.